Welcome

Welcome to my mind, this is kinda what is is like in there. Enjoy if you would like, but even I don't always. So don't feel obligated or anything.


(please excuse all grammar mistakes, I dislike editing my thoughts.)

Saturday, October 19, 2013

What I should be doing

Well, this will probably be a longer post because I should be doing homework. I have reading for stats, social psych, I have a research project for environmental science, I have to read for governance, plus start writing a writing analyses, as well as some other things that I am not forcing my brain to remember right now but I know they are there.
The thing about weekends is the dining hall doesn't open until 11:30 and I really have a hard time functioning without my food in the morning. This is rough because that means that I am missing out on half the day pretty much, it's not very efficient. I do think that logically it makes sense for the dining hall to open later, the staff needs a break, plus most people are still sleeping anyway. Oh, I also have to do my laundry but all three washing machines are full. How would I know something like this when the only time I have left my room is to shower? Because my roommates clothes and stuff are in all three.
Some updates about my day. It's really cold here, well not really, it will get colder or so I've been told. But it's cloudy and rainy today, so it's nice to be cozy in my room. I'm thinking of turning the heater on actually so that it will be even more cozy. Right now my room is just cozy because it's not wet and rainy in here. If I turned the heat on it would actually be cozy. I'll have to think about this later. Know this though, my knees feel cold.
Ok, I am going to admit to something right now. I wish I were a blogger, like a serious one who had a following and wrote about stuff, and my readers would start getting my inside jokes, but I don't feel like my life or I am too skewed enough. Yet anyway. I still have a few years to live. So I won't lose hope.
I was going to talk about the creative writing club. I wasn't able to make it to the meeting because I was busy doing Envs stuff. But I did talk to a girl who wen to the meeting, I'll call her Jane. Jane said that the people at the meeting mostly wanted it to be more of a writers workshop where people submit their work and then everyone reads it and gives them feedback. Stuff like that. Jane and I were thinking that what we really wanted was a group of people we could write with which would basically consist of sitting together while we worked on our own stuff. Now then, I think that sounds like the coolest thing ever, mostly because that was how I spent at least half of my weekends back in sactown. My friend and I would go to the coffee shop and spend 3-6 hours there just writing. We did this for three years, the people in there knew us and would ask us about how our novels were coming along. I loved doing that. Here I haven't had a chance to do that, mostly because I haven't had time, also because I haven't had money to actually buy coffee, and thirdly because I haven't had a friend to do it with.
On that time note, I am feeling seriously trepidacious (I can conjugate words however I want) about this nanowrimo thing. I will have to set aside time for it. Otherwise, like right now, I will feel bad the whole time I am writing and like I should be doing something else. That's bad for the creative process I am pretty sure. Although right now I'm not having any trouble coming up with nonsense to spew.
On that note, I really think that I should be getting back to...I'm not gonna lie...I should be getting to work so, Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment