Welcome

Welcome to my mind, this is kinda what is is like in there. Enjoy if you would like, but even I don't always. So don't feel obligated or anything.


(please excuse all grammar mistakes, I dislike editing my thoughts.)

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

15 Minutes

Alright I have fifteen minutes to write this blog post. Usually I could get a lot done in that much time but I seem to be having trouble typing today. I think that it is because my arms are ridiculously sore and while it doesn't hurt my arms to type my finger dexterity is severely reduced.
Today in writing seminar we talked about writing concisely. A lot of it is all about common sense stuff, don't use super fluffy language that takes away from the actual point of the essay. Let the points stand for themselves. It made me think of my high school teacher, I'll call her Ms. G who was adamantly opposed to purple prose, something that I agree with. I am going to send Ms. G the power point presentation when I get it.
I also want you all to be aware that I have no free time today. This is my one moment of freedom from responsibilities. I don't even really have time for lunch because I am studying with a friend for two tests tomorrow and then I have to go straight to the glen to go on an outdoor education hike with a bunch of kids.
I do want to note that even though I don't have time till after dinner tonight and then I have a shit ton of homework to do before the next day I am still finding time to write this and I also read three pages of the book club book. Which really wasn't very much reading but it was some and I appreciated the ten minute respite.
I have also found the only comfortable couches on campus. They are in the writing institute and I think that from now on I will come here to do my homework because I can be in a comfortable place without being on my bed. I am opposed to doing homework on my bed because that messes with my sleep programmers and confuses my brain. But the alternative is sitting in uncomfortable hard chairs which isn't any fun either. This couch is big and guhsy and leathery. It has pillows and the lighting in here is nice. Maybe a little dark for reading but perfect for typing. And there are lamps and stuff that I could turn on if I wanted to. Another good thing about this space is that it's communal so I am not locking myself up anywhere but it's quiet.
This may come as a surprise to you but the library is not quiet on the main floor. The main floor is where all the desks and couches are for studying. So it can be a good place to study but also not.
gotta go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment