Welcome

Welcome to my mind, this is kinda what is is like in there. Enjoy if you would like, but even I don't always. So don't feel obligated or anything.


(please excuse all grammar mistakes, I dislike editing my thoughts.)

Thursday, October 17, 2013

New Start

I just started college so obviously that means that I am feeling like now I can do anything if I just put my mind to it. According to the founder of my school I should, "Be ashamed to die until I have made a difference in the world." With that in mind it seems like I should really get used to doing way more than is reasonable.
So far what I have on my plate isn't so dramatic. I have classes that I need to go to. I am over-crediting but not really because one of the classes is only two credits and I would do it even if I didn't get credit for it. I just want to do that. Oh, I'm talking about To-Shin do. I just really want to do martial arts.
I was talking about my goals and even if they aren't particularly grand or humanity changing I have to start somewhere. I want to stay healthy, this shouldn't be too difficult to achieve because the food here is scrumptious and healthy, I have been exercising regularly if not vigorously, and I have been getting about 7 hours of sleep a night. This is a little under the recommended dose of sleep but it's pretty damn good.
I am also in the book club and creative writing club. Book club is going to be fun, I think. I like the people in it anyway, it's another thing I have to do but I don't think the books will be awful so that's a bonus. And then the creative writing club I am waiting to pass judgement on, we haven't met yet.
At this point I will segue to my next goal which is nanowrimo.
I want to try and do it this November. This is my most ridiculous goal yet. I have written 50,000 words in a month before but never in November. It will also be difficult because I am flying home in November, right toward the end when I need to be really cranking out the words. I created a nanowrimo profile, I'm nosepace. We can be friends if you'd like and if you exist.
This blog post is actually an exercise in  preparation for nanowrimo. I am also writing in my journal every night. I've found that the more extraneous writing I do the easier it is to do my other writing. I could also say that this post is not procrastination from doing my homework but really a brain exercise to get me ready to do my homework. As I get more and more writing assignments it will be good to have my brain all lubed up and ready to go. 
On that note, I am intending to write more blog posts in the near future. I am debating whether or not I should talk about actual people I know here at college. I think that I will, I have some friends. Actually my most exciting moment yesterday when I noticed that I was making more friends. They live in a different dorm that me so I hadn't really talked to them before. Besides for one girl who I have like three classes with. Anyway we are going to watch Sherlock, Dr. Who, and Les Miserables when we have a chance, hopefully over the weekend.
Also starting this weekend is the zombie apolcalypse, put it on your calenders. We start with Saturday night, walking down main street as zombies. The next day Patient Zero is released and then we have to survive as long as we can.
I'm actually feeling a little worried about my ability to participate in these games because I don't have a bandana to mark me as zombie or human. I also don't have any armor or weapons, I won't survive very long as a human, that's for sure. I will have to find someone who has an extra bandana. And I may have to do some arms stealing.
I will at least be posting updates on the state of the apocalypse over the course of the week. That's not a promise, just an intention.
Ok, I really need to start worrying about accomplishing something now. It was nice talking!

No comments:

Post a Comment