Welcome

Welcome to my mind, this is kinda what is is like in there. Enjoy if you would like, but even I don't always. So don't feel obligated or anything.


(please excuse all grammar mistakes, I dislike editing my thoughts.)

Thursday, December 5, 2013

I'm Back!

I hope you didn't miss me.
I realize that I have not posted anything for a while, and since you are likely reading these en masse and not as I post them you would not be aware of this tidbit. But now you are, it has been a little over a month since my last real post. You will notice, if you check, that I did post toward the end of November but that one doesn't count because it was to my roommate who happened to be reading this.
I write now because I should be working on final projects, surprise surprise. And because I just woke up from a fifteen minute power nap and was very confused.
First a bit about power naps.
I love power naps, they have gotten me through many a day. A power nap is a short nap, usually about fifteen minutes where you lie down with your eyes closed. You don't have to sleep, it's like a quick charge. You know when you plug your phone in and take it out again after just a few minutes it will appear to be fully charged for at least a little bit? No, well that's what non-smart phones do. Anyway, that's essentially the point of a power nap. A couple rules for these to work.
1) You must actually lie down, close your eyes and do nothing. Skimming twitter or facebook or incessantly watching Vines doesn't help. Close your eyes, be still.
2) You must set a timer.
3) When that timer goes off you MUST get up. If you don't you have to wait another half an hour until you will feel refreshed upon waking. (this has to do with sleep cycles and brain waves, I wont' get into it.)
4)I'm serious, follow the three steps above.
That being said, it doesn't always work. One time when I set my timer I set it for fifteen hours instead of fifteen minutes. I did not sleep that entire time but I was late for class. Another time I was lying on the floor and my roommate tripped over me, this lead to an almond butter jar falling on my phone which broke it. My most recent story, this happened about fifteen minutes ago. I was taking a power nap and my roommate needed the light on so I was sleeping with a scarf covering my eyes for darkness. (This is not a necessary step in power-napping) when my alarm went off I couldn't figure out why it was so dark and I couldn't see. I thought that I had slept through all my evening hours of homework time. It was terrifying.
Speaking of hours of homework. I am studying the affects/effects of the internet and social media in democracy and governance. I made a survey, if you read this before, let's say December 15th 2013, take the survey. It takes between 30 seconds and 2 minutes.  Social Media and the Internet's Perceived Affects in Governance I would really appreciate as much data as I can get. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment