Welcome

Welcome to my mind, this is kinda what is is like in there. Enjoy if you would like, but even I don't always. So don't feel obligated or anything.


(please excuse all grammar mistakes, I dislike editing my thoughts.)

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Introduction

OK, here's the picture: I'm bored and I should be working on homework if I'm awake, but I'm not working on homework and I am obviously awake so I'm writing this instead. Exciting right?

This morning I woke up and realized it was 1:12, my cat was on top of the covers at the foot of the bed and it was too hard to pull the covers up around my chin. I wasn't cold I just wanted to be warmer. Since it was too difficult to pull the covers up I decided to get out of bed. This proved to be difficult because my bed is located two feet from the ceiling and my feet were down at the bottom of the bed and the ladder was up by my head.
I knew that the thing I had to do was get my feet on the ladder, the question was, how? I first had to get out from under the covers. When I tried to move my feet up to the ladder with my covers over me it had proved to be extremely difficult. I pushed the covers down, I vaguely thought that it would be hard to straighten them out when I got back in bed that night but I pushed that thought away for something to complain about later. Pulling my knees up to my chest I swung them over the top of the covers. Now the harder part of actually getting out of the bed. Curling myself into a ball I lay on my back, then I let myself roll over onto my side so that when I stuck my feet out they would be hanging out over my ladder. I straightened my legs and rolled onto my back. To bad I couldn't sit up then I would be almost out. Instead I pushed with my hands till I could make my toes touch the first rung of the ladder. I let myself drop down, the sudden impact of my weight on my feet made them crack. I held myself up by my arms, my elbows were bent past my ears. I took the next step down the ladder, now I could raise my head. I walked down the rest of the ladder oblivious to the ground at the end.
When I reached the ground I realized I had stepped on something warm, gushy, furry, and soft. I hoped it wasn't one of my eight cats. They hated it when they got stepped on. It didn't hurt them at all, they weren't exactly normal cats. But they felt that it was very rude of me to step on them even though they were always right under my feet. Seeing as their preferred form was that of a cat, but not their only form I thought that when I was tired in the morning they could do themselves a favor and not be in the shape of a cat, and try something else instead. I suggested this to one once and the next morning I stepped onto the back on a very spiky lizard with purple ears. Not exactly a pleasant morning surprise.
Anyway back to what I stepped on this morning. It turned out it was a fuzzy blanket one of the cats had just vacated. Which was weird because that would mean that they were up before me. Then I remembered it was 1:20 by this point and I was unalarmed.

I wove my way through the mountains of junk, clean laundry that hadn't been put away, and dirty laundry that had kind of just accumulated over the course of time. I made it into the hallway and looked around. There was no sign of my Aunts little car any where. In most houses you don't have to look both ways before you cross the hallway in mine, you do. Seeing that it was safe I made my way down the hall toward the kitchen.
I was a respectable 5 feet some more inches tall but I still had to look up all the way so the back of my head almost touched my back to see the doorknob to the stainless steel sterile door. The reason for this large door was that it was the size of my aunt, she happened to be very tall and very wide, and needed her little car. Steps had been built into the wall just for me when I first moved in with her, after I had accidentally pulled a cats tail and it had dragged me here from my home world. I was the smallest person on the planet so the steps were still too big for me, no one could believe how small I was. To put my size into perspective, the cats that I tripped over and stepped on fit under the arch of the people who lived there feet.
I climbed up the over sized steps and then harnessed myself to the rope that was attached to the handle of the door and launched myself off the top. The momentum of my swing pulled the door handle down and the door swung inward. After the door had opened all the way, it hooked to the wall inside the room. A motion
detector rolled another set of steps underneath me. I un-harnessed myself and tripped down the steps gaining momentum as I went I had to run to a stop at the bottom. I looked up to see where my little plane was, and found myself looking straight into the enormous grill of my dear aunt's car. I quickly sat down with my hands over my head.
As I sat there on the ground in the middle of the huge kitchen floor hoping my aunt didn't decide to turn, I wondered what I was going to have for breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Lana from the past! This is your roommate 6 years from now. You two will have crazy adventures together and spend many a Friday night doing exciting non-social things in our dorm room like ordering dog toys from amazon and reading advice books about career planning in college. We sometimes do social things too like venturing outside into the real world to retrieve laundry or harvest fallen pinata candy from a party we did not attend.

    P.S "a respectable five feet and some more inches tall" = me, right now, as a mostly full grown female human.


    ReplyDelete